There was an error in this gadget

SOLDIERS CHATBOX ..... BIGGER AND BETTER

Sunday, September 20, 2009

6th Pay Commission Demystified...

Comparison Table

Dear Readers,


1. I ve tabulated the pay package for our Armed Forces spl for JCO's/NCO's/OR's along with the pay scales of civilian Gp B/C staff.




2. My conclusion based on the above exercise is as follows:


a) For officers the rank pay was not included while fixing their grade pays and also a wrong equivalence with IPS officers was shown on page 73-75 of 6th CPC.


b) It can be clearly seen that the pay commission revised almost every civilian's previous pay before granting them a fresh pay scale and grade pay under 6th CPC.


c) Unfortunately for Soldiers no such apparent restructuring of 5th CPC scale was carried out before granting them fresh pay scales under 6th CPC.


d) The PB-1 for railways starts from 5200-20200 whereas for Armed Forces its 4860-20200. Similarly PB-2 for railways starts from 9300-34800 wheras for Armed Forces it starts from 8700-34800.Therefore a loss of Rs.340+DA in PB-1 and a loss of Rs.600+DA in PB-2 is there for Armed Forces over and above the loss due to lack of restructuring of pay scales unlike civilian counterparts before fixing the 6th CPC scales.


e) The pay scale of Skilled Gp C and a Havildar (NCO) Soldier from Z Group are comparable and a Sepoy ( a trained soldier ) is considered equal to a semi skilled Gp C employee.


3. Perhaps we need to restructure the entire pay structure of Armed Forces even before we go into the next pay commission. As the fact remains that even if we ve a separate pay commission, it will still go to the govt of the day for acceptance and approval. 


4. Incase I ve missed out or miss typed any information or wrongly concluded any information, your are requested to kindly correct me. Your valuable suggestion are most welcome.


Regards


Hardcore Soldier



Some References:





Troops well deployed to check infiltration

R.K. Radhakrishnan



There have been some ceasefire violations by Pakistan, says Army Chief Deepak Kapoor






— Photo: R. Shivaji Rao 
PEP TALK: Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor interacts with cadets after the passing out parade at the Officers Training Academy in Chennai on Saturday.

CHENNAI: Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor on Saturday affirmed that the attempts to infiltrate into Kashmir from elements in the Pakistani side were correct.
“They are attempting to infiltrate before the winter season starts. But our troops are well deployed in various places to meet the challenge and keep infiltration under check,” he said responding to a question at the Officers Training Academy here.
On Pakistani violations of ceasefire, the Army chief said there had been some ceasefire violations for which India had responded suitably. “I also wish to tell you that wherever there are transgressions or ceasefire violations, we have a mechanism in place. We have hotline facility on both sides. We also have the mechanism of border personnel meetings. Most of these issues are resolved. If it does not get resolved, we raise it to the diplomatic level,” he said.
Of the 157 cadets who passed out of the Academy, close to a third have been allotted to the infantry (49). Artillery gets the next highest in number of officers (30) followed by Armoured Corps and the ASC (nine each).
The cadet who won the gold medal for standing overall in order of merit, Suchi Durga Pal, a bio-tech graduate and a first generation officer from Nainital, has been allotted to Air Defence. She is one of the 30 women who passed out of the Academy at the end of a 11-month training. “Whatever I did, I did sincerely,” she said when asked on her topping the merit list.
Afghan cadets


Eight Afghanistan cadets also received their first stars. Nine more are undergoing training in the junior batch. “The quality of training is excellent and helped officers in Afghanistan,” said Masud Stankzi, the Defence Attaché for Afghanistan in India. (HINDU)

Army vacates Hindwara PDD office after 18-yrs

Srinagar: Indian army troops of 21 Rashtriya Rifles Saturday vacated Power Development Department office at Chotipor Handwara in north Kashmir’s district, 18-years after it had occupied it.

Hailing the removal of the camp, locals told Press Bureau of India that they faced tremendous problems vis-a-vis approaching the concerned PDD official in the event of any problem with regard to electricity. Besides, they said, the troops used to frisk the on pity instances, causing naissance to them.       

Pertinently, on July 31 last, sitting MLA from Langate, Engineer Rashid filed an FIR with police after the personnel from the army unit entered into a verbal brawl with him following the alleged misbehavior with people he accompanied with to PDD office.     

Rasheed had also threatened to resign incase the army camp was not removed in two months.  

Meanwhile, talking to Press Bureau of India, Engineer Rashid expressed his contentment over the removal of the camp and expressed special thanks to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who he said, had assured him to shift the camp in less than two months. (PBI) (KASHMIR WATCH)

Cobras suffer big loss in Maoist battle

SHEENA K.
Raipur, Sept. 19: The Cobra, a force specifically trained to take on Maoists, has suffered its biggest loss yet, it emerged today with the discovery of the bodies of five personnel reported missing in Chhattisgarh yesterday.
The force, known as the Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (Cobra), is locked in a battle with the Maoists in Dantewada district.
Security personnel found the five bodies in the dense forests of Palachalam after a wide search.
The Cobra force had sneaked into a Maoist den in Dantewada district on Thursday and destroyed an arms factory, besides killing 24 rebels.
Operation Green Hunt, launched on Thursday, has so far claimed six Cobra men, including assistant commandant Manoranjan Singh, whose body was found yesterday.
“After a massive search, security personnel spotted the bodies of five missing Cobra men in the dense forests of Palachalam,” IG (headquarters) R.K. Vij told The Telegraph.
Among those killed were assistant commandant Rakesh Chaurasia, a sub-inspector, a head constable and two constables.
This is the first time that the CRPF’s Cobra force has suffered casualties while combing the forests of Chhattisgarh ever since the special unit was formed last year to fight Maoist guerrillas. Commandos of the unit were seen in action during the Lalgarh operation in Bengal, too.
Besides calling in ground troops to look for the missing men, the state had planned to deploy an Indian Air Force helicopter to conduct the search operation. But the troops traced the bodies before the chopper could be air-borne.
Along with the state police, the Cobra men had launched a major offensive against the Maoists by storming their den in the Palachalam forest, about 600km from here.
At least 24 Maoists have been gunned down since Thursday. The police have recovered 10 bodies so far. The arms factory being run by the rebels has also been destroyed.
Police officers said the rebel casualty figures could be higher. The rebels may have carried away the bodies of some of their cadres while fleeing, they added.(TELEGRAPH)

No significant rise in incursions along LAC: Rao

NEW DELHI: After Prime Minister Manmohan Singh played down reports of border tensions with China, top government functionaries said there had been no significant change in the number and nature of Chinese incursions across the LAC while warning that media hype could actually damage ties. 

With India’s response to the Chinese incursions under intense scrutiny in the face of alleged Chinese incursions, NSA M K Narayanan and foreign secretary Nirupama Rao on Saturday said the situation along the LAC was the same as earlier and that the incursions were more a case of media hype. While Rao asserted that the LAC was peaceful, Narayanan said media hype could lead to a serious accident. 

Rao also said there was no meeting scheduled between PM Manmohan Singh and his Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao along the sidelines of the upcoming G-20 summit in Pittsburgh. ‘‘We remain in constant touch with China on all issues of bilateral interest and our relationship has matured over the years which is multi-dimensional. My understanding of the situation is that there is no significant increase in incursions along the LAC on all borders with China,’’ she stated. ‘‘I don’t think there is any reason for us to feel particularly concerned,’’ said Narayanan, adding that the government needed to be careful that this hype did not lead to any unwarranted incident. 

India’s China policy, however, has drawn flak from both Indian and foreign experts some of whom are diametrically opposed to each other in the way they believe India should have handled relations with China.(TOI)

Media asked not to ‘overplay’ China border incidents

I WONDER : ARMY MAY ALSO CONSIDER RECOMMENDING GOVT FOR FILING FIRs AGAINST REPORTERS WHO DON'T ACT RESPONSIBLY. REMEMBER THERE WERE MANY INCORRECT REPORTS AGAINST ARMED FORCES ON 6TH PAY COMMISSION ISSUE.  


New Delhi Bureau

FIR to be filed against reporters who claimed soldiers were injured in Chinese firing

— File Photo: S. Subramanium 




Nirupama Rao




New Delhi: A day after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh told journalists that media reports were painting an inaccurate picture of the conditions along the India-China border, the government moved swiftly to scotch swirling rumours about military incursions, shooting incidents and even an imminent conflict along the Line of Actual Control.
“The Prime Minister has just made a statement that there has not been any more incursions or transgressions as compared to last year. They are at the same level. So there is no cause of worry or concern,” Chief of the Army Staff Deepak Kapoor told journalists at the Officers Training Academy in Chennai on Saturday.
And, in an indication of how seriously the government is taking the scare-mongering, the Home Ministry has decided to file an FIR against the two reporters of The Times of India who filed a story claiming Indian soldiers were injured in firing by the Chinese.
The story, ‘Two ITBP jawans injured in China border firing,’ was published as a lead in that newspaper on September 15, leading to official denials by the Foreign Ministries of both countries.
“We have taken this story very seriously. We are going ahead with our decision to take criminal action against the two reporters and we will soon file an FIR. They have quoted some highly placed intelligence source in their story. Let them appear before the court and tell who is this source who gave them information,” top sources in the Home Ministry said.
Though they refused to say what crime the two reporters would be charged with, MHA officials said Indian law proscribed the promotion of enmity with other countries.
In an interview to CNN-IBN, National Security Advisor M.K. Narayanan urged the media to be restrained. “I really am unable to explain why there is so much media hype on this question,” he said, expressing concern that if such coverage continued, “someone somewhere might lose his cool and something might go wrong.”
General Kapoor asked the media to exercise restraint and appealed to them not to “overplay” the issue.




No significant increase


At a press conference on the Prime Minister’s forthcoming visit to the G20 summit, Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao said there was no significant increase in the number of Chinese incursions in all sections of the LAC and peace and tranquillity continued to hold just as it had done for “some decades now.”
She also played down reports of China attempting to block an Asian Development Bank loan for projects in Arunachal Pradesh. “The Country Partnership Strategy has been endorsed by the ADB and that’s where the matter stands,” she said.(THE HINDU)