There was an error in this gadget

SOLDIERS CHATBOX ..... BIGGER AND BETTER

Monday, February 15, 2010

PROMOTION IPS.....

 I WONDER : IN ARMY OUT OF A STRENGTH OF  AROUND 45000 OFFICERS , NOT MORE THAN 20 MAKE IT TO THIS RANK. MIND IT ONLY 33% OF  LT GENS  CAN GET THIS SCALE .AS NOW WE HAVE THREE GRADES IN THE RANK OF LT GENS ITSELF. IPS CADRE STRENGTH IS JUST AROUND 5000. .......GOOD GOING........

Empanelment of 1976 batch IPS officers to the rank of DG (75000/- PLUS LEVEL) in the Government of India has taken place on Friday. It is believed that altogether 32 officers of this have been empanelled. They reportedly are :-Mssrs Jyoti Swarup Pandey, Satyavrat Bansal, Renuka Muttoo and Subhash Joshi (Uttarakhand), Ashok Kumar Bhan (J&K), Praveen Mahendru ( Chattisgarh) , Bharat Vir Wanchoo , Naparajit Mukherjee and K S Shankarnarayan (West Bengal ) KN Sharma (Gujrat), Mahavir Singh Bali ,S P Srivastava, Atul, Udyan Parmar, Alaxander Daniel and P C Sabarwal (Uttar Pradesh) MM Praharaj (Orissa), D Shivanandan and Alaxander Daniel (Maharashtra), V Rajagopal (UT), SK Upadhyay (Tamil Nadu), DV Guruprasad (Karnataka), Neeraj Kumar (UT), Balwinder Singh (Andhra Pradesh), Manjari Jaruhar and Rakesh Jaruhar (Jharkhand), Yashovardhan Azad and Nandan Dube (Madhya Pradesh), Anirudh Uppal (Himachal Pradesh), Ravindra Narayanan Ravi (Kerala) and Harish Chandra Meena (Rajasthan) and Alok Joshi (Haryana).

Naxal Attack In West Bengal

HINDUSTAN TIMES 


At least 17 jawans were feared killed when armed Maoists attacked a paramilitary force camp at Sildha in West Midnapore district this evening.
Top police sources said at least 17 Eastern Frontier Rifles (EFR) jawans were feared killed in the attack, which took place around 5.30 pm.
"According to information available here, nine jawans were burnt to death and five others were shot dead. We are yet to get the detailed figure of the casualty," a source said.
District Magistrate N S Nigam said at least 50 Maoists on 25 motorcycles and armed with sophisticated weapons swooped down on the camp.
"There were 51 EFR jawans and officers in the camp when the attack took place," IGP (Law and Order) S Purakayastha said.
Nigam said the Maoists also planted landmines on the entire stretch of the road leading to the camp. Meanwhile, Maoist leader Kishenji claimed responsibility for the attack.
"We have attacked the camp and this is our answer to Chidambaram's 'Operation Green Hunt' and unless the Centre stops this inhuman military operation we are going to answer this way only," Kishenji said from an undisclosed location.
The attack took most of the jawans by surprise as they were either "whiling away their time in the camp or were busy in the kitchen cooking", a senior police officer said.
"The Maoists engaged in an initial exchange of fire with the sentries who repulsed the attack, but then the ultras outnumbered the jawans and barged into the camp setting it on fire," the officer said.
According to Nigam night vision force with anti-landmine vehicles have been rushed to the camp from nearby Binpur.
Kishenji, on the other hand, claimed there were at least 35 Eastern Frontier jawans who had been liquidated and they had looted sophisticated arms including AK-47, SLR and mortars from the camp which they set ablaze.
He did not give the number of Maoists who took part in the attack and threatened to repeat the attacks, if needed.